Last book review of the year is Michael Singer’s: The Untethered Soul. This book was written 10 years ago, and is a great book to add to your collection, as it brings a good perspective of the inward journey towards self discovery and understanding who YOU are.
As the year 2017 comes to a close, it’s a great time to catapult your energy into creating EXACTLY what you want in your life in 2018. This book will guide you into understanding how to take over the voice chatter, look at challenging experiences differently and embrace the fact that life is reality right now and that’s all we really need to understand to be happy (super deep but thought provoking).
Check out some of my top favorite quotes/words of Wisdom
By Michael Singer (MS):
“How would you feel if someone outside really started talking to you the way your inner voice does? How would you relate to a person who opened their mouth to say everything your mental voice says? After a very short period of time, you would tell them to leave and never come back. But when your inner friend continuously speaks up, you don’t ever tell it to leave. No matter how much trouble it causes, you listen.” – MS
- This is such a great way of spinning how we can quickly find ourselves being our own worst critic… we wouldn’t put up with a family member, friend or even a stranger talking to us that way, so we shouldn’t let our inner voice take over and try to convince us that we’re nothing, stupid, crazy, yadada… The moment you’re able to put the voice critic in check (and fast) the mind will quiet and shift its focus to what you want it to be focused on.
“There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it.” – MS
- You’re the light that is being guided through this life experience, the voice can be controlled and you are not your thoughts.
“The only thing you have to know is that opening allows energy in, and closing blocks it out. Now you have to decide whether or not you want this energy. How high do you want to get? How much love do you want to feel? How much enthusiasm do you want to have for the things you do? If enjoying a full life means experiencing high energy, love, and enthusiasm all the time, then don’t ever close.” – MS
- Meditate to this piece of wisdom… be open to what comes your way. Be open to where you are, if you’re not that high powered professional, living in that dream home, in the best relationship (it may be on the rocks)… practice being open without any expectation from your heart energy source and you will learn to love from a place of giving your time, love and energy without the need to receive or validate.
“The most important thing in life is your inner energy. If you’re always tired and never enthused, then life is no fun. But if you’re always inspired and filled with energy, then every minute of every day is an exciting experience. Learn to work with these things. Through meditation, through awareness and willful efforts, you can learn to keep your centers open. You do this by just relaxing and releasing. You do this by not buying into the concept that there is anything worth closing over. Remember, if you love life, nothing is worth closing over.” – MS
- Working out, connecting with nature, creating space for openness and being aware of your body positions (no folded hands in front) … are additions to staying connected to openness.
“You’re floating in empty space in a universe that goes on forever. If you have to be here, at least be happy and enjoy the experience.”
- This quote did it for me… we are literally floating in outer space with trillions of stars around us and somehow we are conscious on this tiny little earth with so much beauty. The little things like where I want to spend my time and who I spend it with are super important to me.
Happy last week in 2017… reflect, let go… envision and get excited because the new year is right around the corner and the outcome will be anything you want it to be!!