How to Vision Board to create what you want your life to look like
Creating vision boards is a great habit to make dreams a reality. I’ve been making vision boards well over a decade now. On every New Year’s Eve, I get together with my best friend Monika and we have a fun vision board ritual. Creating what our new year will look like while eating the best Thailand take out in LA.
How do you create a vision board when you have NO idea where to begin? Having no idea what you want or where you want to go is a wonderful place to be. A blank canvas is the best place to start. And you know what else? Deep down inside you have some ideas when it comes to the life you want. Let’s get you visioning and taking action for 2017. This is your year to make your life the best it can be.
P.A.U.S.E…. these “What If” questions may be running through your head:
- What I want feels not even possible?
- I don’t have the money to do what I want?
- My dreams and goals are stupid to my friends and family? What will they think of me?
fucking what? This is your life, and the beauty is you get to live it how you want. All your dreams, goals, aspirations can happen. YOU can make it happen. It starts with you envisioning what it would look like and FEELING how it would make you feel.
Below are steps to create your vision board and how to make it a reality
STEP 1: To start, leave your ego and negative talks about yourself checked √ at the door. This is your time to dream up ALL the possibilities your heart and soul desire. This exercise is about feeling not thinking about what you want to do. This should feel fun, exciting, hopeful. Tap into your inner child and allow all the good thoughts and wishes come to mind.
STEP 2: Pick a timeline you would like to envision, it could be any time period you choose. The 1 year vision boards help me get there by taking baby steps. It’s totally up to you if you want create a vision for 1, 3 or 5 years. If you absolutely have no clue what direction you want your life to go… do the 1 year. Five one year vision boards will land you where you’re meant to be in 5 years.
STEP 3: Create your Vision Board. Here are a couple of easy options:
Poster Board – Cut out images from magazines that resonate with you and tape or glue them onto a poster board. Cut out words of inspiration. Use powerful words to really think about what you want for your life. Healthy body? Marriage? A badass career? Money? Loving Relationships? Kids?
Laptop – Open up Word, Google Doc (Free for Drive Accounts), Keynote or Pages and using Google or Pinterest, copy and paste picture and words onto your computer. Similar to the magazine option above, make sure you choose the images and words that match the life that you would like to create.
- Put it into Action – share it with someone you feel support from (tag me on Instagram or sign up for our community where we share and support).
- Putting it out into the universe will energetically solidify the feelings of what you really want out of life.
- Start to THINK about the next baby step you need to take. Did you put down a new job or career? Is your resume up to date? If not, start there, or if it’s ready, have you started to apply for jobs or set up informational interviews? If you want to lose weight, look for the best way to do it, walking 30 minutes 3 times a week, hitting the gym or signing up for a yoga class.
- Key take away here is focusing on the the next baby steps.
STEP 5: Embrace and look at your vision board daily. Hang your poster board in the bedroom or screensaver it on the laptop. It’s reminding you of your vision and helping you propel into the transformative life you deserve.
Incorporating this into your life WILL change it, I promise… it’s changed mine.
Creating this blog has been on my vision board for 3 years! Don’t get discouraged if some of your visions don’t come to forichon the first year. Your dreams, goals, visions will happen, continue to take steps towards them (baby steps) 🙂